Saturday, June 2, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

We had an extra fun Memorial Day weekend this year! We left Friday after Travis got off work and flew to Texas to spend it with my family! All 3 of my sisters, their families and of course my parents were all there for the fun! It was great to have everyone together! McKinley enjoyed her first airplane ride being aware that she was on an airplane! She was excited to get on and kept saying, "ai-plane"! She did great too, on the way there she even got her own seat and enjoyed watching Barney on my ipad. Here she is with her set-up on the plane:


While we were in Texas McKinley got a lot of swimming in and quite enjoyed my parents swimming pool! But I think her favorite thing to do there was play with her cousins! She had a lot of fun playing with all the new toys at Meme and Pepe's house and having fun cousins to play with!





We celebrated Memorial day by wearing flag shirts and having a BBQ, complete with my flag fruit pizza :)





We even got to have a sister and brother-in-law's night out! We all went bowling. We played boys vs. girls, the 3 boys scores totaled vs. the 4 girls scores totaled. I'm happy to report, the girls won both times, even though by only a small margin :) We then completed the night with cold stone, you can't go wrong there on a hot summer evening in Texas!


We went to the mall a few different times, one of my favorite places, especially when I'm with my Mom and my Sisters!



My Dad had just gotten home from a 3-week trip around the world, literally. He brought as all back gifts from Kenya. He got the girls handmade Kenyan necklaces and bracelets! And he got the boys, African smocks (I'm not sure that's what they're called, but that's the name I gave them :)  Here they are modeling them!



Before, Mandy and Natalie had to head back to Dallas, we stopped in at the nursing home where my Grandma is, and visited with her for a little while. It was so good to see her and to know that she is doing better and is in better health than she has been! Here's the whole group at the nursing home!


The kids thought the nursing home was great fun and enjoyed running around in the open spaces. Here are all 4 of the cute cousins playing "Ring Around the Rosies". They were so cute together and had such a great time!



Lastly, here is a picture of my Dad with his 2 almost 2-year old granddaughters! They're such cuties! It's so fun to have them so close in age! They played really well together, better than most toddlers play with other toddlers, so that was a pleasant surprise :)


We had so much fun getting to spend time with my family! We of course played lots of games. The boys got in 2 games of golf, which Travis loved! The girls of course got in tons of shopping and I got to go to all of my favorite Houston stores! Travis and I got to go out to dinner with my good friend from high school and college, Kari, which was fun to get to catch up! We can't wait until the next time we get to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment