Saturday, June 23, 2012

22 Months

 

McKinley is 22 months old! I know I've said this time and time again, but I love this age! Her ever expanding vocabulary and personality are so fun to watch grow and develop! Some of my favorite things that McKinley does at this age are when she drops something or something falls down she says, "Oh No! Wha happen?" (translated: "Oh No! What Happend?") It's so cute! I love it when she says that! Also when she falls or gets hurt, right afterwards she says, "Ok? Ok? Ok?" Meaning, "I'm ok." She says this because every time after she falls we says to her, "You're ok." I put the question marks after ok when she says it, because when she says "ok", she doesn't sound too convinced that she is ok. But luckily, she gets over it pretty quickly and without even crying! Which is quite the feat, because she can be a drama queen sometimes! We have a little girly-girl on our hands!



She is expanding her horizons from just Barney and Super Why when she gets to watch a show. She now really likes Yo Gabba Gabba too. She calls it "Gab Gab" when she wants to watch it. Another favorite show of hers is Madagascar, or "animas"! This is the first older-kid show that she has really shown an interest in. I think it's because of her love of animals that she likes it so much! We may try and take her to see the new Madagascar 3 in theatres, we'll see if we're ready to take on that adventure! She does love shows, but I don't know how she'll feel about sitting still for over an hour to watch one!


She has also gotten quite the sweet tooth lately! When she was first able to eat sweets when she turned one, she wasn't too interested in them! I was hoping this would stick, but like most kids she loves her sugar! When we get donuts she's crazy about them! Right after I give her a bite she asks for "more, more" with her mouth full! She wants to be sure she gets her share! The other day I was making cookies and she just came right up and stole one off the counter and started eating it! She was so happy to be able to eat her "c-coka" aka cookie! She also still a huge fan of ice cream or "i-cream"!


We took her on her first train ride at the zoo! She loved it! She said "choo, choo" the whole time we were on the train. As you can tell  from the first picture she was a little nervous and not too sure what to think about the train ride, but once we got going she loved it and had the best time! She was all smiles at the end!




She is learning new words and  new things everyday! Now when you ask her how old she is, she says, "One, one, one, one, one." She holds up one finger and says one a bunch of times in a row. It's pretty cute! She also answers my questions when I ask her one. I asked her the other day what she did at Nursery and she told me, "ball, bubbles and Evyn" (Evyn is another little girl in her class at Nursery). It's so fun that she understands what I am asking her and that she is able to respond to my questions! Anytime I ask her if she had fun somewhere she says, "uh-huh!" Some of our favorite words that she says are "sh-show" (shower), "wimming" (swimming), "ju" (juice), "i-baw" (i-pad), "tweet-tweet" (bird), "duh-di" (diaper), "jam-jam" (jammies), "ish" (shoes), "ish" (fish), and "nigh-nigh" (sleeping).


She loves shoes now! When she first started walking she hated wearing them, but now she is the opposite. When we are sitting around home she loves to put her shoes on. We got her some Crocs and she is in love with them! She can put them on and take them off on her own, which is nice for me, as long as she gets them on the right feet :) If she has a choice of which shoes to wear, she will always pick her Crocs! She also likes to wear mine and Travis's shoes around the house! Here she is trying them on!

She is getting a lot better at playing by herself and entertaining herself. Which is nice for me and allows me a little more time to get things done that I need to get done! I still make sure I find time to play with her though and take her fun places! We still like to go to the Y, the park, the library, the zoo, the Children's Museum, to play places at restaurants, and swimming at the pool! Those are some of our regular stops during the week.


Another super cute thing that McKinley does is when she's looking for me or Travis. She walks around the apartment saying, "Mama, are you?" or "Dada, are you" (translated: Mama/Dada where are you?) She will also say that when she is looking for one of her toys. She'll say, "duck, are you?" While she's saying it she holds her hands out to the side in a questioning manner and shrugs her shoulders. It's my favorite! The other night she woke up in the middle of the night and was crying and saying, "Momma, are you?"


She also loves to sing songs. I'll find her around the house playing with her toys just humming a tune. Her favorite songs to sing and do the motions to are Itsy Bitsy Spider, Mr. Sun, Popcorn Popping, and the Wheels on the Bus. She also loves to sing the Elephant song from Barney. That is another song she'll sing a lot of times while she's just playing around, she just sings "ele...pant" over and over. At church during Sacrament meeting, she'll open up the song book and start singing. It's really cute, just kind of loud when its quite during church :) I love it!


Her favorite thing to say is, "thank you"! Which is a good thing! She says it anytime you give her something, it's really cute! Sometimes she'll even say, "thank you, welcome", because she knows what comes next!


Here are a few more pictures of us enjoying the summer! We got ice cream shakes on the first day of summer, had a family date night camping inside our living room, and spent a day at the lake! We're having a good summer around here :)




I'm in love with my sweet little Kinners and I'm so glad she's mine :)


No comments:

Post a Comment