Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Years Resolutions

I know it's already 19 days into the New Year, but I'd still like to make some resolutions for myself in 2011! I already know its going to be a big year with lots of change for our family! I'm looking forward to it and I'm excited about what's in store for us!

The first thing I'd like to accomplish in 2011 is getting back to running regularly! Since I've had McKinley, I've yet to get back into a regular work out routine! Travis, McKinley and I went for a long walk today, and it felt so good! I thought, this is what I need to be doing every day! My sister, Mandy, told me about a Couch to 5k program that she did after she had her baby girl. She's awesome and followed through with it and ran in her first 5k! I'd love to be able to run in another 5k! That's one of my resolutions for this year!

The next thing I'd like to do in 2011 is try and be more friendly and outgoing! With a move planned for us this year, either for a job or grad school... which ever works out for us, I'd like to make a resolution to meet people who live in the area where we move to. I have a tendency to keep to myself, especially when I don't know anyone, but I'd like to resolve to put myself out there and try and meet people and make friends. Having McKinley makes this a little easier, because it automatically gives me something in common with people who also have little kids and something to strike up a conversation about. This is just another reason I've enjoyed having McKinley around!

Another resolution I have for myself in 2011, is to spend more time reading than I do watching TV or on the computer. I recently started reading The Hunger Games series and I've sped through the first two books in the series and am currently reading the third and final book. It's made me realize how much I enjoy reading! There's so many more books I'd love to read. Travis has also gotten into reading with me, so it's been nice to have a reading buddy. We've been frequenting the local libraries and look forward to many more visits!

My final resolution, that I can think of for now, is to be a better at praying and reading my scriptures daily! Some days I just fall short, and I need the extra spiritual lift everyday, not just some days! I can always feel the difference between the days I do and the days I don't!

I know I can do it and stick with all of these resolutions, as I've done and stuck with them all, before, just gotten out of the habit at one point or another. I feel that putting them in here will hopefully help me to feel more accountable and determined :) Any encouragement and advice is appreciated!

Lastly, I'd like to leave you with a cute picture of my little girl, since she makes me smile!

5 comments:

  1. Good resolutions! Now get off the computer and start reading! ;) j/k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all really good resolutions, and I can't believe you are already reading book 3 of the hunger games!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can do it meg! kiss that beautiful baby for me! and travi too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sound like great resolutions. I know you will do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could also join a running club in your area- its usually free! They have running groups within clubs for all levels and train you for specific races. i think its a great way to meet ppl and stay motivated too :) my sister did that and she made some great friends through it and LOVES running now. Carol & I may join one too. good luck!

    ReplyDelete