Thursday, January 6, 2011

McKinley is 4 months old!

I've been a little behind in my blogging! Travis, McKinley and I have been out of town for almost 3 weeks! It was quite an eventful 3 weeks! Posts will be coming about our adventures soon, but first I wanted to post about our little McKinley turning 4 months old! It was her 4 month birthday on Christmas Eve! She gets cuter and sweeter everyday! We're loving our little girl and having so much fun watching her grow and change. She is definitely no longer a newborn! She's a healthy, active, fun smiley baby girl :) We took her for her 4 month appointment today, since we just got home from traveling and here are her stats:

Weight: 14 lbs. 12 oz. 75th percentile
Height: 24 1/2 in. 70th percentile
Head: 43 cm 90th percentile
Weight/Length: 60th percentile

McKinley has grown so much since her 2 month check-up and is right on track in her growth! We were so happy to hear that. Here are some things she's been doing recently:
  • She's been holding her up steadily for quite a while now! She loves to look around and checkout her world
  • She's been trying to sit up. She can sit up on her own for about 10 seconds before she'll fall back down. If we lay her on an incline she'll try and sit up so she can see what's going on around her! She's a strong little girl!
  • She's been smiling a ton! Which is so fun! She loves to smile at her mom :) My favorite! Here she is smiling on Christmas morning!
  • She's squealing and laughing a little. She laughed for the first time while we were at my mom and dad's house for Christmas. We were changing her into her PJ's on our bed and while we were doing so, Travis was blowing on her belly and she started laughing! It was one of the cutest sounds I've ever heard! She's done it a few more times since then and I love it!
  • We took her swimming for the first time and she LOVED it! She sat in the hot tub at my mom and dad's house for 30 minutes and didn't make a peep! She loved the warm water and watching her cousins splash around. She even got splashed in the face by a cousin who was trying to swim and it didn't even bother her! It was the cutest thing!
  • She's starting to love toys. She likes to chew on them and can grab for them now. She loves to be entertained and gets bored easily if she's not. So lots of toy playing is in store for this little girl. We got her a crinkle toy and that seems to be her favorite. She can hold on to it and put it into her mouth! Its so fun watching her play with her toys! Here she is with her crinkle toy.

  • She can roll over from her tummy to her back. It was funny while we were at my parents house my sister was asking me if she could roll over and I told her, no not yet. Minutes after I said that she rolled over onto her back from her tummy! It was the craziest thing. It was as if she heard me and was like, "Ya right Mom, I'll show you!"
We love our little girl! She's getting so much fun! We love playing with her and she can always make us smile. She's getting less fussy which makes her so much more enjoyable! We can't imagine our life without her :)

1 comment:

  1. She is such a cutie!!! I am glad that she is doing so well. Also sounds like you had a lot of fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete