Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving in Texas!


For Thanksgiving this year, we had the opportunity to go to Texas to spend it with my whole family! All 4 of us girls and our families were there to celebrate the holiday together! We had a wonderful time! I always love getting to spend time with my family! Here is McKinley and I on our last flight, finally in Texas!


On Thanksgiving morning my sister Natalie and I organized the second biannual Beck Family Turkey Trot. My Dad mapped out the course throughout their neighborhood. Travis, Natalie and I all ran the full 5k, 3 miles. It was a lot of fun, and a great way to start out a day designated for eating!


The older kids even participated in the race on the new John Deer Power wheels Meme and Pepe got for the grand kids.


We even had t-shirts made for the occasion. Natalie and I designed them. On the front they said "Beck Family Turkey Trot 2011" and had the picture of a turkey head. On the back they said, "Move your feet or be dead meat" and had a picture of tail feathers! I thought they turned out pretty cute!




After the race the rest of the day was spent cooking and eating!


That night we watched the Texas vs. Texas A&M football game! We were happy to watch Texas pull out a win over Texas A&M!! After the football game and the kids were in bed, all the girls and Bossy and Travis went to a local mall at midnight for some Black Friday shopping. We had fun fighting the crowds and scoring some great deals. It was really fun to all go shopping together! Friday afternoon was spent with the boys home watching football and the girls going out and getting pedicures! One of my favorite past times with my sisters. Gabby even got one too!


That night we had dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in Fulshear, a small BBQ restaurant in a gas station called Doziers. It's yummy Texas BBQ at it's best! I was so happy that one of my best friends Michele and her husband Justin made the drive out to Fulshear to meet up with us so we could see them while we were in Texas! It was great getting to see them and catch up for a bit while we ate.


After dinner we went over to a candy shop and watched the Fulshear Christmas tree lighting ceremony. It was fun to eat some yummy candy, listen to some Christmas carols and watch the Christmas tree be lit! It was a fun way to get into the Christmas spirit! Here we are at the ceremony!

One of my favorite things about getting together with all my family is getting to see my nieces and nephews. It's especially fun now that I have my own little girl. She loves kids and loves to interact with other kids! She especially loved her cousin Oliver. He is 6 and is so good with babies! McKinley loved him and loved playing with him! He loved her too. They make the cutest little buddies!




It's also always fun to see McKinley and Melia together since they're so close in age! I know these 2 are going to grow up together being best friends!

Here they are together after stealing bites of pie from Meme!


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We have so much to be thankful for and being surrounded by family only made us realize even more how blessed we all are! While talking about being blessed, I'm going to leave you with a few fun pictures from Thanksgiving of one of my greatest blessings :)




I am very blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment