Tuesday, July 5, 2011

June Adventures!


June was a fun and busy month for us... hence no blog posts :) We moved into our new apartment at the end of May. So we spent the first part of June getting settled in. I finally feel like I have everything situated and in place. I will take pictures soon to share, I was just waiting until everything was set up and in place to do so.

We celebrated Travis's first Father's Day! To make the day special McKinley and I made Travis breakfast in bed and let him sleep in! We also made his favorite meal for lunch and let Travis relax and watch movies throughout the day! We made him a book about why he is the BEST Daddy, and got him some new tennis shoes! He is a great Daddy to McKinley and she sure loves him! I'm grateful for him and all he does as a Father and Husband in our family!


McKinley wore her "Daddy's Little Cupcake" shirt in honor of Father's Day!


We also had some visitors in June! Emily and Basilio came to visit on their road trip! It was so fun to have them here for a week and for McKinley to spend some time with her Aunt Emmy and Uncle Bossy! We took a trip to the Nebraska state capitol building, Emily and I got our hair/toes done, we played some frisbee golf at a park near our house, and went to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. We had a great time showing them around Lincoln and spending time with them!



McKinley had so much fun playing with Uncle Bossy!





Fun times at the Nebraska state capitol building!




At the end of the week, we all packed up and ventured out on a road trip back to Texas so we could be back in time to set sail on a cruise with my whole family! Overall the road trip went well, and McKinley did pretty good! We stopped in Oklahoma for the night. I've never seen McKinley so happy, as she was when we got out of the car at the hotel in Oklahoma. It was 9pm, 2 hours past her bed time, but she was so happy to crawl around and play! She was smiling, giggling, and crawling all over the place! It was so cute, I couldn't bring myself to put her to bed right away since she was having so much fun after being cooped up in the car all day!

Stay tuned for my next post about our fabulous cruise!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures... and looks like you're having a fun summer!!

    ReplyDelete