Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Something Blue!


I was excited to throw my little sister a bridal shower while I was in Texas! Emily and I have always been close, being the 2 youngest sisters! I had so much fun planning for this shower for her! I decided on making the theme of the shower "Something Blue", going along with the old wedding saying, "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue!"

These are the invites I sent out for the shower:

The shower was complete with "something old":

Wedding pictures of Emily and Basilio's parents, our grandparents, and Emily's sisters

"something new":


All of the presents

"something borrowed":

Pages for all of the guests to write advice for Emily on marriage and her wedding day.
I put all of these pages together in a book for her as a keepsake.

And "something blue":




All of the decorations

And all of the guests clothes :)

At the shower we played some pretty fun games! The first game was called "Spice of Life" where the guests had to identify 6 different spices by looking at, tasting and smelling them. The second game was a game where Emily had to guess the answers to 20 ?'s I had asked Basilio about her before the shower. Every question she guessed his answer wrong, she had to put a piece of Bubblelicious bubble gum in her mouth! By the end of the game she had about 13 pieces of gum in her mouth :) It made for a fun time and a lot of laughs!


All the gum after the game was over :)

For the next game, the guests got into groups and made veils for Emily and she had to pick which one she liked the best! I was impressed with what they came up with!


The shower turned out to be so much fun! I'm so glad I was able to throw this shower for my sister! For her shower I made her a quilt! The first quilt I've ever made, with the help of my mother in law. I'm so happy with how it turned out! And now that the shower is over I can post a picture of it on here:

We all had a great time at the shower! Here are some cute pictures of everyone enjoying it!






1 comment: