Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hulse Family Reunion

I haven't had a chance to post about the Hulse Family Reunion we had August 12th - 15th. We've had a lot of things happen between now and then, which explains my month late post :)

On Thursday, August 12th Travis's whole family arrived in Salt Lake. All 5 of his brothers and sisters and their families as well as his parents were here for the reunion. Thursday morning, we went to Temple Square to meet up with Ryan and Amy and their two cute girls Afton and Ella. We then picked up Rachael and Matthew and their 5 kids and Brad, Emily and Mya from the airport and headed up to Hyrum to Mike and Natalie's house. We had a barbque at their house that evening and once Travis's parents arrived in town they joined us there.

Friday, everyone headed out to the Hyrum Dam for fun in the water and jet skiing. Travis got to enjoy this part of the fun, I however being 39 weeks pregnant didn't think it would be such a great idea for me to ride around on jet skiis! So instead, I helped Jan, my mother-in-law, at the grocery store buying groceries for the weekend! That afternoon, we all loaded up and headed out to Heber City to stay in the house Travis's parents rented for the family to stay in for the weekend. It was a really nice big house and it was great to be able to all stay in it together. That night, we had a surprise 60th birthday party for Jim, Travis's Dad. All of the extended family from around the area were invited to join in on the fun. Travis and I were in charge of getting a cake for the party. Luckily, my cousin Lindsey makes really cute cakes! So Travis came up with a cute idea and she made it for us. It turned out really cute and was a hit at the party.

Emily and I had fun creating a game for the night called "Jimpardy", a Jeopardy like game featuring questions about Jim's life. I unfortunately came down with a stomach bug that night and spent most of the night in bed. I did get to see the "Jimpardy" game being played which I enjoyed!

Saturday was spent fishing at the pond near the house, shopping in Park City, doing crafts, playing games and hanging out together.

Sunday was another day just spent hanging out together. We did have our own sacrament meeting as a family. At this meeting we created the "Hulse Family Timeline" which was neat to go through and have everyone share all the important events in their lives with everyone. Unfortunantely, Travis came down with the same stomach bug I'd had 2 nights earlier Sunday night. It was because he did such a good job taking care of me when I was sick that he got sick too!

Here are the pictures from the reunion. Jim and Jan made matching shirts for everyone that say, "Hulse 2010 Families are Forever" and we took a picture of everyone together in our matching shirts. McKinley is in this picture, just not completely yet. You can still see her in my belly!




No comments:

Post a Comment