Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween!

We had a frighteningly good Halloween this year! To start out the festivities we carved pumpkins!



Both McKinley and Travis didn't want to touch the gooey pumpkin insides, so it left me to clean them out by myself. While I was doing it McKinley watched and said, "Eww! Yuck! Gross!" over and over. Then everytime after this that we saw a pumpkin she'd say "Eww! Yuck! Gross!" My little girly girl :) I think she liked the finish projects though, Frankenstein (aka "monster" to McKinley) and a witch!



On the Friday before Halloween, we went to a Halloween party at our YMCA. We had just gotten McKinley's Foofa (a Yo Gabba Gabba character) costume in the mail, but McKinley didn't want to wear it! She really wanted to wear her ballerina outfit, so alas she was a ballerina :)


  



She had fun jumping in the bounce house, playing all the games and getting treats!





 Then on Saturday night we were invited to a Halloween party at a friend from our ward's house. McKinley decided the Foofa costume wasn't so bad after all and wore it! I wore my Toodee (another Yo Gabba Gabba character) costume that I made, so we were Yo Gabba Gabba characters together! McKinley actually liked her costume and wore it the whole night, even the hat! It was so cute seeing her run around and play in her cute Foofa costume!








We had fun eating yummy Halloween food and treats, chatting with/playing with friends, and playing games. Here is the donut eating contest I won in my heat :) I said after I won I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I won, haha! Travis missed the party because there was a Husker football game that night, the Michigan Game. He had a great time because the Huskers won and it was a fun game to be at!


On actual Halloween night, we started the evening with getting $2 'booritos' from Chiptole for coming in costume! Quite the deal! It was fun to show up in costume, and we even ran into some friends while we were there with the same idea!




We then headed to our ward's Trunk or Treat. McKinley made quite a haul of candy at the Trunk or Treat! There was a ton of cars to trick-or-treat at! McKinley thought it was fun to go around and get all the candy and see all of her friends in their costumes!





After the Trunk-or-Treat we headed over to Brad and Emily's house to trick-or-treat on their street with Mya. Here is our Yo Gabba Gabba family!


McKinley had fun running from house to house and getting candy! She thought it was fun to knock on the doors and ring the doorbells!






We had a wonderful Halloween and came home with quite the stash of candy or "canny" as McKinley calls it! Her favorites of the night were the suckers, tootsie rolls and frooties!

No comments:

Post a Comment