Monday, July 30, 2012

4 Years!


This past Thursday, July 26th was mine and Travis's 4 year anniversary! I can't believe we've already been married 4 years! Crazy how time flies when you're having fun :) On our actual anniversary, Travis surprised me with these beautiful roses and a few little treats around the house in the places I look first thing every morning. In the fridge, where I get McKinley her cup of milk, in the cabinet where we keep McKinley's diapers and wipes, and on top of the DVD player where I put on a show for McKinley when she wakes up in the morning. He knows me too well :) It was really sweet and fun to go around and find fun little treat for me!



When Travis got home I had this sitting on the table for him. It's a plastic Chinese food container full of homemade felt fortune cookies, with a tag on the box that said, "So FOURtunate to have been married to you for FOUR years". (I found the idea here, I didn't come up with it on my own :) Inside each of the fortune cookies was a little surprise for the evening. One of them said we'd be making Chinese food for dinner, his favorite. I was a little nervous about how it'd turn out since I'd never tried this recipe before, but it actually turned out amazing! We made our own sweet and sour chicken with fried rice! We loved it! It took a little while to make, but was fun to spend time cooking in the kitchen together, something we've enjoyed doing together throughout our marriage. 


Then on Friday, after Travis got off work, we dropped McKinley off at Brad and Emily's house and headed to Omaha to spend the night to celebrate our anniversary. It was our first time leaving McKinley overnight, and overall she did pretty well! It was a little weird not having her to worry about all night and the next morning! It was a nice break and a good way to celebrate our anniversary. We got to Omaha and went to dinner at Fuddruckers, a favorite of ours that they don't have in Lincoln, so we don't get to go very often! We actually met for the first time at a Fuddruckers, so it was kind of a fun place to go on our anniversary :) After dinner, we went to Dave and Busters! We had a great time there, we both love arcade games, so Dave and Busters was the perfect place for us! Travis won the jackpot of 300 tickets on the basketball game, no surprise if you know Travis's arcade skills :) In the 4 years we've been married he's won 2 basketballs at Six Flags, a HUGE stuffed bear at the Utah State fair and many other little arcade games here and there. We used our tickets to buy McKinley a stuffed Alex the lion from Madagascar. She loved it :) We spent the night in a hotel then woke up Saturday morning and walked around downtown Omaha, then shopped around at a nice shopping center! We had a wonderful time and enjoyed celebrating 4 years of marriage!


I'm so grateful I made the decision to marry Travis 4 years ago. He's my best friend and a wonderful husband! He's a great father to McKinley and works so hard for our family everyday! Here's a few fun pictures of us on our special day 4 years ago! What a great day that was!

 
 


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys fun! The fortune cookie thing is so cute! I will have to try that recipe too, Mike loves Chinese food. I can't believe it has been four year and you guys only have one child :)

    ReplyDelete